Where The Sum Is Sometimes Better Than The Parts

I'm one of those folks who reads cookbooks for fun. Sometimes I don't have the correct ingredients, so I make do. Sometimes it even tastes good. And sometimes, if I'm really lucky, a miracle happens.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Who's Hungry? Rice Your Hand.

     We have family visiting for the weekend. I wanted to keep meals simple but tasty. Once again I decided to braise the meat, this time boneless pork shortribs. I cheated and used a bottled BBQ sauce, added some water and a little red wine, then popped it in the oven for about 2 hours.
   I also made rice, but I make mine a little differently than most people. I use a ratio of 2/1 rice to bulgar, and cook it just like white rice. This boosts the protein and fiber without significantly changing the taste or texture of the rice.  Some steamed broccoli and we were all set. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment